The Ontario Soccer Association has reshaped the player pathway with focus on sustained player development opportunities to progress in the game and to stay in the game for life.
Passing through the Grassroots programs, the ‘physical literacy’ stage, players are now going to be exposed to a wide choice of programs and opportunities to develop in a game as they want.
The key principals for the new format and structure are:
- A player centric approach
- Player promotion over team movement
- Club standards over team records
- No promotion / relegation based on standings
- Reduce travel when possible